Redundancy Accident Insurance

Has this happened to you? You're working in a job you enjoy, and then all of a sudden, there's a downsizing or downturn in business and you are redundant. This can be pretty devastating, but it's even more of a problem if you have a mortgage and you don't how you're going to make the next payment.

Or let's say you're driving a car and suddenly someone has driven into you. Your injuries are severe enough that you are kept in hospital for a long period of time and will be unable to work for months. Again, with a mortgage payment pending, this can be even more devastating than the injury alone.

This is where redundancy or accident insurance can help. With these types of insurance, the insurance company can meet your mortgage payments for you, for a particular period of time.

What Is Redundancy Insurance?

Redundancy insurance is also known as redundancy cover or payment protection, or income protection insurance. It's something that is particularly smart to take out when you buy a home. Because the job market is not only fickle, but accident, injury or illness can happen unexpectedly, this type of insurance will help ensure that you will not be left out of your home in addition to the other problems you are facing.

If you happen to lose your job and have redundancy insurance, your insurer will give you a tax-free amount to pay your mortgage for up to 24 months, although the most common period of time covered is 12 months. Your insurer can pay your mortgage or other loans may have. Your cover starts when you have been out of work for more than 30 days and you meet the other criteria each policy has.

What Is Accident Insurance?

It's a likely bet that between now and retirement, you will probably have at least one accident or injury that will leave you unable to work for a period of time. Accident insurance will help protect you should this situation happen to you. Like redundancy cover, if you can't work, cover kicks in after 30 days and will cover you for an average period of usually 12 months, sometimes 24. This can give you peace of mind during a time when you need it most, as you recover.

To have the best of both worlds, it's best to take out combined accident and redundancy insurance, such as a full mortgage protection plan. This will cover you not just for accident and or job loss, but for long-term illness too. It will even cover you for disability because of long-term illness or accident. For more information, check with your insurance provider. He or she can help you determine what the best cover for you will be.

Relevant Links:
agent car company home insurance life quote rate

car insurance company uk

car classic insurance online quote

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]